Saturday, December 10, 2011


Well it was a lot of fun. I am not completely happy with it because I need more practice in making the copper wire beads. I like the polymer clay beads,( barrels, drums, lentils), and the fabric beads came out nice too. But the copper wire beads? For one thing I've had the wire forever and do not know the gauge. I may have had better luck with a slightly smaller gauge. Oh yeah, I am going to try again. The idea came from a design by Cyndi Lavin, Jewelry Crafts Magazine, March/April 2007. I made a slew of changes. the original used hand painted satin cord, I used a simple dark cotton cord. the original beads used were purchased ceramic rather than polymer clay. If Cyndi recognizes it I doubt if she'd want to claim it!! But who knows?

3 comments:

Cyndi L said...

I am thrilled beyond belief that my article inspired your lovely piece!! It's not a matter of slavishly following my "directions", but rather one of following your heart! Thank you so much for letting me know you made this :-)

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog. Your so good I think you sould try EmpowerNetwork and Get Paid To Blog! http://www.empowernetwork.com/almostasecret.php?id=mrbeaugard

Darla said...

Oh yum! The colors and the texture and wonderful.

Darla