Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rainbow Fairy

Partially done fairy, using paint (acrylic fabric paint including irridescent and pearlescent) cotton floss and seed beads. I do not know the name of the artist who did the painting that originally inspired this. I loved the radiant yet soft colors so wnated to see what I could do with it. It changed considerably when I sketched it but I tried to stay true to the colors. Now I am trying to figure out what it will be. I'm not a quilter but think maybe this will be stitched onto a darker background fabric and see what happens from there.



2 comments:

Darla said...

She's beautiful Rae. She reminds me that Springtime is coming. I see her on a medium hued background, nothing too dark to take away from the airy feel she has. (Just my 2 cents)

Darla

InaRae said...

The colors when scanned, do not show up as bright as they actually are, but you have a good point. I'll try to remember to take a photograph to show you how she turns out. Thanks for looking Darla.