Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Busy, busy

Just back from a trip to Pittsburgh and a visit with my other family (Husbands kin).
It was quick and fun but the preparation beforehand and catching up after takes hunks out of creative projects, and therefore life!
I have done some polymer pendants and small hangings that I want to show you after some small finishing touches. Soon, soon. Also more beaded bracelets similar to the ones below. They are freeform peyote and freeform embroidery and most fun to make. My style is more loose and design-as-you-go than the rigid patterned, exact style that many beaders prefer. I admire these disciplined works immensely but abandon them soon after mastering a stitch in favor of the looser method as I feel so much less restricted. I know, patience, patience. I'm still working on that.
So back to work and new stuff soon.

No comments: