Saturday, May 4, 2013

I'm okay

A place for everything, everything in its place. It was always my goal to be neat.to be organized. I read articles, bought books, made lists, arranged drawers and lined things up on shelves. Bought containers, baskets, boxes. Color coded threads, yarns, polymer clay, paint and beads. Tried to line things up. Tried to learn the basics of geometrics. Before long though, spaces became filled with projects in various stages. More than one project. Gardens with measured beds were allowed to wander, wild flowers crept in among the chosen and were okay there. Things went at least somewhat back to nature. And I relaxed.
My style is free form and loose, serendipitous and meandering, my color choices are what feels right. I like natural before man-made. It is not or me to live in a magazine page home. Where would I put the seashells? the twig people, the rocks and dried moss?
Why did it take so long for me to realize who I am? and to recognize that she is okay!

It is wild, it is okay.

No comments: