Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Whatever made me think that I could re-organize and clean up the studio in a day? Wrong!
I was a day late getting started as yesterday a painting called.
It is a watercolor of a water-cliff-cave scene. I took the reference photo last summer at Cape Flattery, a beautiful point at the farthest northwest corner of the lower 48. I finished it, cut a mat for it and got it framed. All things I find difficult, or at least tend to put off.
It needed to be done though to have it ready for an upcoming memorial exhibit.
A wonderful artist-teacher, Robert Brown died of lung cancer and this will be in honor of him. You can see some of his work here: http://www.robertbrownartist.com/rbgallery
Today and yesterday have been considerably stormy, with high winds and many power outages. We have somehow been spared so far, but....more storms to come.
So tomorrow will be another day devoted to the studio. I do progress! Ta-da! but there is more to do.

No comments: